When I upload files website all the same shows my previous version

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Projection members

DevEdwards
500 Command non understood
Posts: one
Joined: 2014-05-11 18:02

When I upload files website nevertheless shows my previous version

#1 Mail by DevEdwards » 2014-05-xi 18:17

I've been doing this website since 2007 and my web pages were created in Microsoft Publisher 2007. I had an ftp connexion on my Network to upload my files when I update them. A few weeks agone something happened and I lost my ftp connection on my figurer. I've since had to download File Zilla to try to upload my files to my server.

I have no problems with connecting to my server on File Zilla and I see them. I also come across my files on my calculator on the screen. When I drag my index files to the public html folder it shows that information technology'south transferring the files over to the server and fifty-fifty says that information technology was successful. When I become to check the website information technology still shows the previous version.

Can anyone tell me what I'g doing wrong? I've tried until I'm blue in the face and can't effigy it out.

I'm hoping someone can help me before people kickoff asking me why it hasn't been updated.

Thank your for any help anyone tin give!!!


blendzior
500 Command non understood
Posts: 1
Joined: 2014-05-13 22:26
Commencement name: blendzior
Last proper name: testo

Re: When I upload files website even so shows my previous vers

#2 Post by blendzior » 2014-05-13 22:32

got the same trouble similar you lot :/

I alive the life of a ghetto kingpin, only permit me ride
I send 'em messages and money orders and make 'em my troops



Keithvdm
500 Command not understood
Posts: ane
Joined: 2014-05-14 09:35

Re: When I upload files website still shows my previous vers

#4 Post past Keithvdm » 2014-05-14 09:37

Hi..

Accept you tried pressing crtl+F5 when loading the page to clear the cache on your pc?

Lemme know if that worked..


User avatar

elbmek
504 Command non implemented
Posts: 7
Joined: 2014-05-sixteen 12:24
Beginning name: mike
Last name: kemble
Location: Sutton Coldfield U.k.
Contact:

Re: When I upload files website still shows my previous vers

#5 Post past elbmek » 2014-05-16 12:47

Me too, I hit 'refresh'.

I used to use a unlike uploader which was getting expensive, at to the lowest degree they always updated info in server box

Darkness is only the absence of low-cal, Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge


TheBNNGroup
500 Command non understood
Posts: two
Joined: 2015-eleven-xix 20:41
First name: Jodi
Concluding proper name: Barthold

Re: When I upload files website withal shows my previous version

#vi Postal service by TheBNNGroup » 2015-eleven-xix 21:37

We have had the same problem equally well but clearing the cache fixes it. I was wondering if in that location is a way to avert having to clear the cache. Our problem is that our customers are seeing a bare screen and they think our site hasn't been updated and we get complaints.

Is there any setting when nosotros upload that we can check so that our cease viewers don't have to clear their enshroud?

Attachments
Any settings here that we can use to avoid end viewers having to clear the cache?
Whatsoever settings here that we can apply to avoid end viewers having to clear the enshroud?
Target file already exists.PNG (41.48 KiB) Viewed 10354 times

User avatar

botg
Site Admin
Posts: 34152
Joined: 2004-02-23 20:49
First name: Tim
Last proper name: Kosse
Contact:

Re: When I upload files website withal shows my previous version

#7 Post by botg » 2015-eleven-19 23:04

If a file is buried and then yous need to expect until cache expiration, there is no way effectually information technology.